Sunday, June 12, 2011

Definitely more to ask for in prayer....

God's Word to You today is found in Psalm 19:1-2

 

For the director of music. A psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.”

 

   Today was a great day.  Why?  Because I saw God working.  How?  Because I looked.

   I looked because I have become accustomed to looking.  Why?  Because I ask God to show me His works.  And when I ask Him to open my eyes to His ways and let me see Him working He allows me to see Him.

   It isn’t a special relationship or that I am empowered or some secret supernatural power only for me.  It is supernatural but just not only for me.

   It comes from seeking and expecting God to answer that prayer.  Now hear me, I don’t prayer super hard or do some type of penance to have my prayer answered.  It is simply asking for God’s will to come to me and for me to have discernment and again, open eyes.

   And the coolest thing is if YOU ask for God to show you how He is working on a daily basis and truly seek Him then He is going to do it.  Honest, He will.

   But be for warned. It may just start blowing you away day by day and you may start seeking and finding Him more and more.  Wouldn’t that be something?   Written by Chuck Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment